Petromax Cast Iron Dutch Ovens
Forest School Shop now offers a range of high-quality cast iron Dutch ovens made by the highly-regarded German brand, Petromax. These are premium Dutch ovens, and made to a very high specification. Each oven will last a lifetime and then some.
Petromax Dutch ovens are different to other ovens on the market. Each oven is pre-seasoned, meaning that they're ready for use straight from the box. Unlike others, the lids of these cooking pots may be used as skillets or platters. We offer each oven with, or without legs.
Dutch ovens are ideal for making group stews, baking bread or roasting joints. Simply hang the pots over the flames of a campfire or stand them in the embers of the fire once it's begun to die back.
Dutch oven cooking gives the food a unique, almost rustic taste which is achieved by the specific heat transfer around each oven. The cooking is gentle which preserves nutrients and vitamins more so than many other cooking techniques.
These Dutch ovens each have a notched carrying handle for safer and easier transport.
How many people will each size cater for?
- 1qt (1.7 Ltr) - Perfect for dessert/sauce
- 3qt (2.3 Ltr) - Perfect for 1-3 people
- 4.5qt (5.2 Ltr) - Perfect for 2-5 people
- 6qt (7.6 Ltr) - Perfect for 4-8 people
- 9qt (9.5 Ltr) - Perfect for 8-14 people
- 12qt (14 Ltr) - Perfect for 14-20 people
- 18qt (21.5 Ltr) - Perfect for 20 people