Wildlife is all around us, but first we must learn to see what is not always obvious to us. Learning about nature and our natural environment is fun, easy and very rewarding, and what's more, you won't have to venture far at all. Our gardens, houses, parks and nature reserves are teeming with life, from garden creatures through those that frequent wildlife ponds, streams, or rock pools, all are fun to study for both children and adults.
Our wildlife discovery packs are perfect for learning about nature. Unlike books, each pack is supplied with a selection of charts to help identify and discover our natural world. Simply choose the pack that best suits your requirements from the drop down.
Wildlife Discovery Packs Include:
Each Pack includes a card-sized magnifier for close viewing, and each kit contains a selection of splash-proof laminated wildlife ID charts.
- Butterflies - all the species you are likely to see in and around your garden
- Ladybirds - from the 2-spot to the 24-spot, from the orange ladybird to the harlequin, they're all here
- Shieldbugs - large bugs which are widespread and common in British gardens
- Bugs on Bushes - bugs which can be found on the leaves and stems of plants
- Woodland Name Trail - minibeasts found in leaf litter, bark and in the soil
- British land mammals - identify all of our common rodents, such as shrews, mice and voles, as well as larger animals from stoats and polecats to hares and deer
- Hedgerows - the flowers,, birds and small animals often found in these special places
- Tree Name Trail - use leaves, seeds and bark as clues to help you name the trees that you find on your woodland walks
- Woodland Plants - discover the plants found within ancient woodlands
- Fruits and seed dispersal - a fantastic chart for autumn plant and tree identification