Terms and Conditions V2.3
Forest School Shop is a trading name of Oaks Online Shopping Company Ltd. Our terms and conditions apply to all transactions carried out on this website, via email, post or through our telephone sales lines. By placing an order with us, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms, and they shall take precedence over any 'conditions of contract' on offical purchase order forms.
Before placing any orders for goods or services, please read these terms carefully and print a copy for your records.
1. We may change our terms of sale from time to time without prior notice to you. Changes will apply to any subsequent orders received.
2. The contract between yourself and Oaks Online Shopping Company Ltd, trading as forestschoolshop.co.uk shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and any dispute between both parties will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England.
3. Goods are subject to availability. If an order is placed via our website and there is a ‘green tick’ along with the words 'in stock' then that item is currently available (disregarding any human error). If the listing states 'available to order' then it’s generally in stock, but on occasions this may mean there is a lead time for dispatch. In this instance, details will be clearly displayed under the product name within the shopping basket. Should we be unable to honour an order, we will contact you and a full refund will be offered. Or, you may choose to place the goods on back-order.
4. Order acceptance. When an order is placed online, by telephone, email, post, or in person, the order will be considered as accepted by Oaks Online Shopping Company Ltd when you checkout online and complete payment, or (if not shopping online) when we supply an invoice to you.
5. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel orders at any time. In this rare instance a full refund will be made.
6. The price applicable for item(s) is the price displayed on this website at the time of the order. The only exception to this is if a pricing error has occurred, either caused by us, or by a browser display issue - in which case you will be given the option to proceed at the correct price and be charged the difference, or cancel your order and be granted a full refund. If we’re unable to contact you for whatever reason, we will automatically cancel the order after 30 calendar days.
7. We accept payment online by MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Paypal. We also welcome off-line payment by Cheque, Postal Order or Bank Transfer (BACS) if using purchase orders - please contact us if you’d like to make use of one of these other methods.
8. On occasion, product specifications can change due to updated designs from manufacturers, and in these circumstances, we endeavour to replace your item(s) with those of a same or higher-quality product(s). However, if you are not 100% satisfied for whatever reason, then you can return your order in accordance with our 30-day money back guarantee for a product refund.
9. Images which are shown on the website are for guidance only - although we always endeavour to keep these as up-to-date as possible, there will, on occasions, be times when products have been modified slightly between the time the manufacturer’s original stock image was taken and item specifications provided.
10. We do NOT supply knives, implements or tools to persons less than 18 years of age. By placing an order for knives/tools with us you declare that you are 18 years of age or over. If you purchase an age-restricted item from us it is vital that you provide an accurate date of birth and upload a copy of ID via our secure page. There are times where we will still need to validate your name and billing address with third-party databases to verify that you are of legal age to purchase knives and other bladed items. By placing an order with us, you consent to these checks being made if required. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record ‘digital footprint’ of that information. We do NOT credit check you, and these checks will NOT affect your credit rating in any way. We will email you and call once if we need to speak with you – so please ensure your details (especially if using Paypal) are up to date. If we do not hear back, your order will be placed on hold until you make contact with us. In the event these terms are broken, or you provide false information, we reserve the right to refund you less a handling fee of £2.00 to cover our search fees, and (at our discretion) a re-stocking fee of up to 20% of the order total. All information provided by you will handled strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
11. Importation of goods. It is the responsibility of the 'buyer' to adhere to local laws with regards to the importation of knives, machetes, axes, billhooks and any other bladed or restricted products that we sell. Should your order require customs clearance it will be at the sole responsibility of the ‘importer’ (buyer) to provide relevant documentation. Oaks Online Shopping Co Ltd (trading as Forest School Shop) is not liable for any products which are seized or delayed due to customs, or any costs in relation to this, such as taxes, processing/storage fees.
12. Special orders (i.e. products that we import/obtain/make specifically for you) are excluded from our standard 30 days returns. If a cancelation or return is accepted (at our discretion) a 20% re-stocking fee will apply.
13. Postage costs offered on the website are for website orders only and will apply at the checkout. Placing an order via telephone or via email/post may incur a different postage cost to those shown online as they leave us via different warehouses. Orders placed by companies/organisations/public entities for hazardous goods (via purchase order on account) may be subject to a £5.00 handing fee which is passed onto us by the carrier.
14. Delivery estimates are specified within the basket and delivery page. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales; however, delays are occasionally inevitable.
15. Should you request that we leave your goods with a neighbour, or in a safe place, then in the event of loss/theft or damage (from the elements or otherwise) to your goods/parcel we will not accept any liability for this.
16. Orders placed will be billed in full at the time the order is placed.
17. We want you to be completely satisfied with your order, and to demonstrate our confidence in our products we offer a 30 days money back guarantee on all (non-business to business) orders (excludes special orders/imports/PPE/sanitising/surplus/food/personalised/first aid products). If for any reason you’re not fully-happy with your purchase, please contact us within 30 days of the order being placed and we will provide you with the relevant return details. Once your item has been returned at the cost of the sender, we’ll happily offer a refund of the product price or an exchange for an alternative product, providing the item is in its unused and unopened condition, and has not suffered tobacco damage or odour. For more information on which items are excluded, please contact us. When returning items please, first ensure that you request an RMA code from us for the return to be valid. Also, ensure that returns are properly secured and safely packed. For your own protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery or special delivery service (at your own cost) and include a copy of your invoice/order confirmation as we shall not accept responsibility for any loss or damage incurred in transit or otherwise. This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
18. Parcel tracking information. Depending on the shipping method of your order, we may use your email address and/or mobile phone number (via text) to inform you of your order tracking. In this instance, your email address and/or phone number will be shared with the carrier who has your parcel (for example, APC, DPD or Royal Mail) who will use this information to inform you of delivery progress of your parcel. It will not be used by us or our carriers after your delivery has been finalised.
19. If you do not receive your goods within 14 days we shall have no liability to you unless notified in writing of the problem within 30 days of the order being placed, either by post at Oaks Online Shopping Company Limited, Unit 3E Beehive Business Centre, Beehive Lane, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 9TE, or email through firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Damage in transit MUST be reported to us on the day of delivery for a valid insurance claim to be made.
21. Goods which are refused upon a delivery attempt or not collected from the carrier depot after a delivery attempt may, at our own discretion, incur a re-stocking fee of up to 20% if returned to us.
22. Customer service reviews. In addition to product reviews directly from us, we occasionally use a third party services, such as Trustpilot to collect customer reviews. Trustpilot (or us) may contact you after shopping with us to give you the opportunity to share your customer experience with others. You may opt out of correspondence from Trustpilot (or us) by following the link on any email received from us, or Trustpilot.
We offer trade accounts for our business customers and organisations. Whilst our standard terms and conditions still apply, there are a few minor differences to note:
- By placing an order with us, you are agreeing to be bound by our standard and trade account terms, and they shall take precedence over any 'conditions of contract' on offical purchase order forms.
- If you shop with us via a trade account, or come to us directly, then some costs may differ from the website, such as shipping and price breaks. Please refer to your quote/invoice for these details. This is because goods leave via our B2B warehouse/team instead of our retail team.
- Trade accounts which become overdue for payment may be subject to late payment fees and account review.
- Trade orders (those on purchase order) are subject to a minimum goods value of £20.00 (NET). Should your order fail to meed this minimum order, we will place a small order fee of £10 (NET) on to your invoice.
- Online discount codes may not be used against purchase orders.
- Cancelled purchase orders are subject to a re-stocking fee of 20% order value.
- 30 days change of mind policy does not apply to trade/business to business accounts. Should we accept a return, we will issue you with a credit to be used on our website in the future.